KOR's Expertise: From Policies and Procedures to TCA and Quantitative Analysis
With decades of experience in US equity and options markets, KOR Group is uniquely positioned to help audit, measure, improve and achieve true Best Execution and trade performance. We are the only independent, unconflicted firm working for the buy-side. We can help firms adhere to their fiduciary obligation of Best Execution while reducing transactional friction, resulting in higher fund returns and better use of invested capital. KOR’s Best Execution Consulting provides firms with:
- Independent evaluation and accreditation of your firm’s adherence to Best Execution
- Full set of guidelines and recommendations to establish a new Best Execution process or refine an existing one
- Identification of opportunities to improve execution quality and reduce implementation costs
- Identification of improvements to execution partner relationships
- Multi-broker, multi-venue analytics
- Multi-dimensional and cross-sectional analysis
Let us help you leap ahead of you competition, reduce your transaction costs, and provide peace-of-mind for your clients that you are far exceeding current Best Execution requirements.
Contact us now to learn more.
Learn Market Structure from the experts that the US Congress and Regulators turn to.
KOR not only understands the complexities of US markets, but we understand how we got here and where we're going. Congress and Regulators regularly ask us to testify on critical market structure issues. Leverage our expertise to understand modern electronic markets and the incredible technological and regulatory complexity that drives them.
KOR Group is available for a variety of half-day and full-day workshops / seminars on many different topics, including:
- Market structure history and current developments
- Direct market access and order routing best practices
- Transaction Cost Analysis and performance attribution / analysis
- Regulatory landscape, current proposals and how these events impact your business
These workshops are valuable for the buy-side to understand market structure developments, for regulators looking for practitioners' perspectives, for attorneys preparing capital markets litigation or defense, and for sell-side firms looking to sponsor buy-side educational events or who want to train traders and market structure analysts.
Contact us now to learn more.
Here are some resources on Market Structure and Best Execution that we find useful.
- SEC Market Structure Website
- FINRA OTC/ATS Data
- Consolidated Tape Association | Options Price Reporting Authority
- SEC Filings on Federal Register
- BATS Market Volume Summary
- Canadian Market Volume from IIROC
- CAT NMS Plan
- FINRA Guidance on Best Execution (Nov 2015)
- FINRA Rule 5310
- SEC Information on Best Execution for Investment Advisors
- SIFMA, ICI and MFA Recommendation on Rule 606
- Healthy Markets and Abel/Noser Better Best Execution Report
- KOR's Comment Letter on Reforming Rules 605 and 606
Our Comment Letters and Testimony
- Tick Size Pilot (December 2014)
- Comments to OSC on Aequitas Exchange Application (September 2014)
- Comprehensive Market Structure Reform (April 2014)
- Dave Lauer: “The Role of Regulation in Shaping Equity Market Structure and Electronic Trading”
- Tuesday, July 8, 2014 before COMMITTEE ON BANKING, HOUSING, AND URBAN AFFAIRS
- Dave Lauer: Market Surveillance in the 21st Century, June 3, 2014 before the CFTC Technology Advisory Committee
- Chris Nagy: Reducing Barriers to Capital Formation, Part II July 10, 2013 before the Financial Services Committee
- Dave Lauer: July 8, 2013 Comment Letter on Reg SCI
- Chris Nagy: July 24, 2012 Comment Letter on Options Penny Pilot
- Chris Nagy: July 24, 2012 Comment Letter on Tick Size Pilot
- Dave Lauer: Market Technology Roundtable
October 2, 2012 on Panel 1: Preventing Errors through Robust System Design, Deployment, and Operation
- Dave Lauer: Computerized Trading: What Should the Rules of the Road Be?
Thursday, September 20, 2012 before COMMITTEE ON BANKING, HOUSING, AND URBAN AFFAIRS SUBCOMMITTEE ON SECURITIES, INSURANCE, AND INVESTMENT
Library image above By Riccardo Cambiassi from London, United Kingdom - BlogWalk - British Museum + Power Law, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=21035
Chess image above By David Lapetina - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=11164358